On Aug 14, 2007, at 6:59 AM, keith_w wrote:

>> Tell that to the people whose engine blocks needed stripping and
>> rebuilding, Mark.

> That comment is just a teeny bit obscure, GDG...
> Elucidate a little?

Several of the jobs I did in years past had to do with people who had
built up an engine (short blocks or complete), liberally sprayed it
with WD40 thinking it would be protected from corrosion, and left it
in their garage storage area for when they would get back to it for a
project they were working on. The water which accumulated into the
WD40 through humidity corroded the cylinder walls, to the point where
when they pulled the engines out of storage to start the final
assembly, they needed to be completely stripped down and refinished,
in a couple of cases new cylinder sleeves installed. I got the ones
that needed installation of cylinder sleeves as I had the connections
to do that job pretty efficiently at one time.

Godfrey