Rebekah wrote:
> Once, I was online and went to right-click a picture to save it to my
> computer (don't worry it was only clipart), and a little message
> popped up stating that right-clicking was not allowed on that site.
> Are there any online photo albums that prevent the theft of photos
> with this little piece of programming, or that would at least support
> it?
>
> rg2

Not sure if there are any photo hosting sites that incorporate this, but
it's pretty easy to do if you're writing your own site code.  A quick
google search for "right click disable" should return quite a few
samples as well as a bunch of reasons not to do it.  In every case I've
seen it's javascript that prevents the right click.  If I need to save
something that has right click disabled, I can simply turn off
javascript.  I can also dig through my browser cache for the image.

Basically, disabling right click is only going to prevent casual
downloading of your images.  It's not a deterrent at all for someone who
really wants your pictures.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/