Jerome wrote:
> [impatient? scroll down for the link]

Jeeesh, Jerome - after reading your commentary I was prepped for botched
up wedding pictures from hell... These shots are great! Excellent eye,
excellent feel to them. A lot better than any wedding photos I've ever
taken.

A few comments -

> 1. My autofocus is WAY too slow. FYI, I shot with 2 K10D's, a sigma
> 70-200mm 2.8, 24-70mm 2.8, and the Pentax 12-24 lens.

Did you try pre-focusing?  Like when they are walking down the aisle,
just pre-focus to the 2nd or 3rd pew row back and shoot when they hit
that point.

That won't help with candids and more spontaneous shots, though.

> 2.  ell, I don't know what happened from one day to the next, but all
> of my photos in the sanctuary came out with the worst reddish yellow hue.
> Example here:
>
> http://exposedfilm.net/wwsmith/yellow.jpg

You obviously fixed that problem in the final images - is the lighting
consistent?  A lot of large builing have a mix of light sources with
makes it almost impossible to get consistent color balance, though I'd
expect that the part of the church on TV would be consistent. Why not
shoot RAW?

> 3. Probably the most important thing I messed up...  I blew the exposure
> on all of the brides dress photos (d'oh!!). I think this is the one I
> would've got murdered for if I was the "real photographer". Absolutely no
> detail in her dress. Just a big white mass.

A 'real' wedding photographer would never use the words "bride" and "big
white mass" in the same paragraph... :-)

> 5. My flash recycle time was unbearable.

What ISO and F stop where you using?

> http://exposedfilm.net/wwsmith

Like I said - great shots!

- MCC