On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 10:47:40AM -0500, Bob Sullivan wrote:
> There was some discussion of a lucky ebay find of an Autofocus 1.7X
> Pentax converter.  I found this very handy to use in combination with
> the A200/4 lens.  It was small and light for handheld shots in the
> gallery below.
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/rf.sullivan/AF17XExamples

That's a nice pairing for birds!

I'm quite pleased with the way the 1.7X AF adapter works with an A200/2.8
and with a 300/2.8  But if you use the lens wide open you can get some
pretty funky bokeh.  The second to fourth examples here:

    http://www.jfwaf.com/Meetup/

were shot with the 300/2.8 + 1.7X, and the out-of-focus areas on the third
shot are pretty ugly!  On the plus side, though, the fourth shot (although
rather soft because my view was partially obscured by grasses on a ridge
between me and the deer) is a testament to the shake reduction of the K10D -
that's a hand-held shot at 1/125 at an effective focal length of 500mm