Thanks to all who replied. From your responses, I've gained a good amount
of advisement for my next time out. They all seem obvious once you hear
them, but they were *obviously* the very things I overlooked...

1. Use RAW, you idiot!  Now that I'm comfortable with Bridge and Photoshop
I sincerely have no reason not to do so. I also bought 2 back up SD cards
(for a total of 4), so I may as well give myself a chance to use them.

2. Autofocus Issues...
Sorry Paul, but I've still gotta "blame the equipment" on that one. The
amount of time that both cameras spent hunting was simply unacceptable. No
buts about it. However !!!! ... since I'm not willing (okay...able) to
switch equipment, it does sound like you guys have given me a couple of
good strategies to try. I think Paul mentioned using Continuous AF, which
I didn't even think of for a second (seems obvious now)... and Mark C.
mentioned pre-focusing. I'm not sure if I'm fast enough to do the latter,
but I definitely give that a shot, too. When all else fails though, I
think I may be right back at Manual Focus for when things really start
moving and jumping.

Anyway, overall I just want to thank everyone for the encouragement. I was
pretty disappointed with the results, but you guys gave me a lift. So now
I'm looking forward to round #2 which will hopefully come sooner than
later.

PS,
Brian, you are right about the posed shots. Honestly speaking, I *do not*
look forward to the day that I have to set those up myself. That is
definitely the part of wedding photography that I fear the most. In due
time.