Yes, the uppermost center will give you a good head or even eye focus
point when shooting vertical. Sometimes I drop it down to the second
sensor (from the top) if I want to frame looser. I usually leave the
camera on the setting that allows sensor selection and work the
little joystick quite frequently.
Paul