Jaume Lahuerta wrote:
> Normally there is a setting that lets you switch between multisegment, CW and
> spot metering.
> (Spot is when the reading is taken only in a small circle in the center of
> the image).
>
> Unfortunately, the MZ-M (ZX-M in the US) does not have it, and this is one of
> the reasos for my upgrade to the MZ-5n (ZX-5n), a more advanced camera with
> AF, built-in flash and 3 metering options (the multi-segment also has more
> different segments into account).
> The interface of the camera is the same "classic type" as the MZ-M though, so
> you feel at home when handling one.
>
> My advice is to get a MZ-5n instead of another MZ-M. In thesedays, they
> shouldn't be that much difference in price between them.

Right, I didn't notice that somebody has answered the question about
meter mode selection before I'd responded to it (elsewhere on this thread.)

But I agree. You should seriously consider getting an MZ-5n/ZX-5n, or
possibly an MZ-3, which is essentially the same camera with a different
shutter (shorter min exposure, and faster flash-sync), but probably a
lot harder to find.

And then, please tell everyone here who keep saying that Pentax has
"spend a decade or two making ho-hum cameras" just how great it is, so I
won't have to repeat myself all the time ;-)

- Toralf