Thanks, PJ.  If I end up going for the M, would this be a "wrong"
decision?  I am weighing your comments seriously, and I am also
considering what others have said.  I tend to agree with your
perspectives.  Adam, if you are reading this, what do you think?--do
you vote for the ZX-M or the ZX5n?

Thanks again,
Glen

On Sep 6, 2007, at 3:52 PM, P. J. Alling wrote:

> Pretty much, the only thing the M has going for it is it's split image
> focus aid, which I've learned to not use anyway...
>
> Glen Tortorella wrote:
>> Thank you for the detailed comments.  Hence, I gather your vote in my
>> M vs. 5n decision would be for the 5n?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Glen
>>
>> On Sep 6, 2007, at 2:20 PM, P. J. Alling wrote:
>>

>>> I've had both.  I got rid of the ZX-M and kept the 5n for two
>>> reasons.
>>> The Pentaprism in the 5n was in every way superior to the
>>> Pentamirror in
>>> the M, (better coverage, higher magnification, brighter viewing with
>>> better manual focusing), and the ability to explicitly change
>>> metering
>>> patterns rather than depending on the lens mounted on the camera
>>> doing
>>> it.    (I currently 7 Pentax fK mount, (Film) and 4 Pentax screw