Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
> On Sep 6, 2007, at 1:10 PM, Adam Maas wrote:
>
>> ... I get more quality for a given amount of effort from 645 than I
>> would
>> from even a K10D, even if the max available quality (K10D RAW vs. 4490
>> scans of my 645 negs) is essentially the same. ...
>
> Hmm. I find quite the opposite:
>
> - Fit camera to tripod.
> - Meter. Focus. Expose scene.
>
> Once home with K10D:
>
> - Put card in reader.
> - Tell Lightroom to import files
> - Pick good ones.
> - Adjust as required.
> - Print 13x19.
> Done
>
> Once home with P645:
>
> - Load film into processing tank.
> - Process.
> - Remove film and hang to dry.
> - Cut film into strips.
> - Pick good ones on light table.
> - Scan each good one.
> - Tell Lightroom to import files
> - Adjust as required.
> - Print 13x19
> Done
>
> Seems to me there are a few more time consuming, tedious steps to do
> with the P645 than there are with the K10D. Presuming that I've
> focused and composed with equal competence, I've put more effort into
> the P645 for the same quality.
>
> Godfrey

The difference being I find developing & scanning to be
non-tedious(although somewhat time consuming, developing in particular
I enjoy, it's almost meditation for me), and working in Photoshop to be
tedious. And as I shoot a fair bit of E6 or C41 in the camera,
developing isn't always an issue.

-Adam