Developing film is easy. You need a tank, a couple spools to load film on, a
couple graduated cylinders for measuring chemicals, a thermometer, squeegee and
some film hangers for drying. Chemical-wise, developer (I use Rodinal and TMax
Developer), stop bath and fixer are all that's required. You also need a dark
closet or small room for loading the film into the tank, once loaded everything
else can be done in daylight

Prints are more involved. Same chemicals(but paper developer instead of film
developer), but also needed are a darkroom, developing trays, enlarger,
contrast-control filters, paper, timer of some sort, darklight and a couple
other minor items. As my bathroom is too small for comfortably printing, I
don't bother and just scan & print digitally.

-Adam

Glen Tortorella wrote:
> Thank you very much, Scott.  I have been wanting to try developing my
> own prints, but I have feared doing so.  I tend to be a
> perfectionist, and I fear disappointment.  I do not have the
> equipment, either.  What would I need?  It would be great to have
> someone show me the correct way of doing it...
>
> Regards,
> Glen
>
> On Sep 7, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Scott Loveless wrote:
>
>> Adam Maas wrote:
>>> Glen,
>>>
>>> Mailers are a cheap option for getting E6 slide film processed.
>>> They are not economical for B&W. For cheap processing of Fuji
>>> Acros, do it yourself. I recommend Agfa or A&O Rodinal at 1:50
>>> dilution for 12 minutes at 20C, 30 seconds initial agitation with
>>> 2 inversions per minute. Should run you about $0.60 or less per
>>> roll (including stop & fix) if you 1-shot the dev and reuse stop &