The problem with ND's as a solution is they affect focusing and
composition unless you keep removing them. Not a real issue on a tripod,
but not so great for handheld shooting.

That's why I try and keep teh fast film in my F100 (1/8000 max shutter)
rather than using it in my F2 or Sportmatic. I also try and keep one MF
back with fast film and one with slow film (harder to do, as I've got
one back dedicated to colour and one to B&W, I really could find a use
for 3-4 backs).

-Adam