On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 03:39:35PM -0500, Bob Sullivan wrote:
> Glen,
> It's faster films that raised the top speed of camea bodies.  Although
> speeds of 1/2000 to 1/8000th are nice specs, you don't use them.

Or, at least, not very often.  But here in sunny California those speeds
are nice to have.  ISO 200 (the base speed of the *ist-D) puts you at a
shutter speed of 1/2000 at f5.6  Even with the ISO 100 of the K10D I'm
still limited to f2.8.  That's rarely a problem, but occasionally I may
want an even more limited depth of field.

On the PZ-1p I did occasionally even use the 1/8000 shutter speed, but
only when I had faster film (usually ISO 800) loaded in the camera.
That ability to change ISO whenever I want to is one of the things I
like most about the digital bodies.