On 20/09/07, Scott Loveless, discombobulated, unleashed:

>The body alone is $17,500 US.  The least expensive lens they have listed
>is a 300/2.8 for $4,950.  http://www.red.com/store  I'm ordering mine
>right now!

I'm slightly sceptical about the lenses. I have a mid-range lens used
for (standard def) news and that cost $8,000. HD lenses from Canon are
several times that figure. Low prices would worry me if I were a
director looking into hiring kit. Then again, directors don't choose
equipment. They decide on format with producer/studio and then hire
chief individuals (ADs, DoP, etc) and they may then help with decisions
on where to hire kit from. What a lot of faffing about ;-)

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__