From: Godfrey DiGiorgi

> Seattle Film Works sold respooled movie film. It wasn't horrible but
> it also wasn't C41 process or intended for standard photofinishers'
> use. It was designed for printing onto movie stock for a positive and
> no one had the setups for it.
>
> I don't know what John's customer had, but I'd just call them and see
> if they would come in with the index print again so you can identify
> the frames. PITA but weird stuff happens... !

I didn't take the negatives out of the sleeves when I took the order
because I got the frame numbers from the index print. I'm sure I didn't
do the original processing, because I think I'm awake enough I would
have noticed the lack of edge print at least by the time I went to
sleeve the negatives.

It was processed at one of our stores, because the index print had our
brand logo, and our mini-labs only have C-41 equipment.

Ergo, it's C-41 film, 'cause it wasn't screwed up.

I've had to deal with that. We occasionally do get a roll of E-6 and at
least once got Tri-X, and I had to post discreet signs reminding my
co-workers to ...

"LOOK AT THE FILM CAN AND MAKE SURE IT SAYS C-41 SOMEWHERE ON IT"

... because they'll just put it in the processor and it really upsets
the customers because "*We* RUINED their film!!!".

I wouldn't even class this as PITA, just enough of an oddity to be
interesting.

I left a couple of messages on her answering machine at the contact
number, but she hadn't called back by the time I got off work. I don't
work again until Saturday, so I also left notes on the film envelope
explaining the problem. Hopefully if she calls or comes in while I'm not
there, that will be enough so someone can figure it out and explain what
we need to know so we can get her job done.