Paul posted a wonderful photo of a blues singer last week.  I
mentioned that I had a few from a street festival, but that the a
horrible background ruined every photo I managed to shoot.

Paul's image inspired me to go back and take another look, and I think
I managed to find a couple that I managed to tame the background
somewhat.  As you can see, very harsh mid-day sun was also an issue,
but given my crude PS abilities, I'm pleased with these two, taken a
couple or three weeks ago at the Cabbagetown Street Festival:

http://tinyurl.com/2vo8r2

http://bp0.blogger.com/_EaTEtfR4WJw/RveqicA-_fI/AAAAAAAAAvE/zdaBGuU1Xx8/s1600-h/sept_24+001.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/2ssef7

http://bp3.blogger.com/_EaTEtfR4WJw/RveqmMA-_gI/AAAAAAAAAvM/P8iJs9niMcM/s1600-h/sept_24+002.jpg

Comments always welcome.  Thanks in advance.

cheers,
frank