My point was that those that hadn't exploded wouldn't and would still
look like solid shot. The would weigh considerably less than solid shot
and would be even less likely than solid shot to create craters at the
end of their flight.. Historically Russian shells were notoriously
unreliable. (In an age when all shells were unreliable that's saying
something). I guess you have to spell everything out.

--
Remember, it’s pillage then burn.