In a message dated 9/30/2007 7:40:46 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I love this little essay  ,  Marnie  ---
and I want to go there NOW :)

If I had one  tiny nit is that I probably would have shot the mail box
closeup  straight-on  - but the light may have
made that not work - (like if your  shadow fell on the boxes and didn't
help it)  likewise the door with  number 5 on it, but that
isn't clear either because of the fall of  light...   but the group works
wonderfully  and I love love  lvoe places like that.

ann

============
Thanks, ann. I felt  I did a lot of things not quite right, which is why I
want to go back. I shot  too wide angle on some, didn't have the right lenses
along, and the other major  thing was it was not good lighting, too harsh, not
the right time of day. I also  didn't spend enough time setting up my shots.
It's kind of off the beaten path,  takes time to get to, so I've been aiming to
(Comment about mail boxes has been made  before, that is because I think I
only took the wide angle with me that day. I  agree. One of the things I want
redo.) I have actually improved  photographically this past year too and when
I look at these I feel I could  probably do better now.

So do I (love places like that) and we don't have  many like that in this
county. I bet lots don't know, really, that it is there.  When I took the
mailboxes, BTW, that is when I saw one person (I saw about 4).  Even though it
was
Sunday she was picking up her mail. I asked her about the  boxes, she said a
lot
of people still pick up their mail at the boxes, it's a  way to meet, greet,
and catch up with people. I got a kick out of  that.

Thanks for looking.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.