Glen Tortorella wrote:
> I forgot to ask: is all C-41 processing the same?  I ask because on
> my C-41 B&W I had processed at Wal-Mart, some of the whites have a
> bit of a purplish tone.  My instinct tells me that this is a result
> of inadequate light in these particular photos...or is C-41 for B&W
> at Wal-Mart just a bad idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Glen

They print those on the same color paper they print everything else on.
  A green, yellow or purple tint is common.  Good luck finding a printer
these days who can work around that.

I used to bring my C-41 black and white to a Target store in the St.
Louis area.  The girl behind the counter actually knew what she was
doing and would set my film aside until she had an opportunity to
calibrate something on their mini-lab.  The prints I got there were the
best I've seen from C-41 B&W.  Even the local "pro labs" didn't do as
well, and they charged a lot more money.  When she quit I stopped using
the stuff and went to traditional B&W film.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/fivetoedsloth/