I really enjoyed the images - wry and interesting
compositions. Manhattan Cafe is my favorite.

WRT to the posterizing - I don't really care for it.
In some cases the effect seems to be subtle, but I
would expect larger images, especially prints, would
display it much more pronounced.

If you want snap - have you tried getting aggressive
with the curves and levels tools?  Or working in duo
to tri-tones (which in essence gives you three sets of
curves to work with.) You might want to try creating
an adjustment layer in photoshop, pushing the contrast
hard (too hard) and then experimenting with blending
options with the original.

Just some thoughts - the photos are great anyhow! And
a great body of work here as well.

- MCC

--- ann sanfedele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://annsan.smugmug.com/gallery/2538600
>
> 36 thumbs here....  the first 12 most of you know --
> they are in my book
> ad first calendar,
> the second set are 12 more from the book --  the
> third tier of 12 are
> files I posterized in
> photoshop of the second 12....  I can't decide if
> they work....
> do you like em better than the non posterized ones?
>

> Each image here would be as it would appear on a
> calendar page -- black
> background is part of it....
>
> I fell into this because I started working on the
> cover and couldn't get
> it to be snappy enough....
>
> My house guest arrives tomorrow afternoon and the
> tounrey starts
> tomorrow night so I won't be
> around here much...
>
> Obviously I'm not wildly enthused about my
> conversions or I'd not ask --
> some I like a lot, I think,
> but would people just as soon look at the original
> "real" photos or like
> the conversions better? bearing in
> mind I'm putting them on cafepress to peddle...
>
> thanks for any impressions, yay or nay  -
>
> ann

Mark Cassino Photography
Kalamamazoo, MI
www.markcassino.com