In a message dated 10/15/2007 9:24:08 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
And stop posting pictures  here, because you won't get an accurate opinion
about what is good from this  list.

William Robb

===============
I beg to differ. Only  someone who showed his own photos on list so rarely
would think this.

The  feedback here is fairly accurate. Especially once one knows that some
never give  negative feedback and some find something nice to say regardless.
But tepid  praise is tepid praise. If something is good, lots of feedback, if
something is  adequate or so-so, no or minimal feedback. Or feedback on the
technical aspects,  but not "wow that grabs me." And, yes, sometimes outright
neutral or negative  feedback such as "that doesn't do any for me." Over time
it
becomes pretty  obvious to the people showing what kind of feedback they are
getting (on a  particular photo). And as far as I can tell the whole range of
of
feedback, from  lots to minimal, has happened to everyone on this list who
shows. (Well, maybe  except for a 1-3 that we hate.)

I also think it's a mistake to underrate  the courage of sharing one's photos
-- here or anywhere. Doing so is always a  little risky because of the
potential for negative feedback and it is also a  learning experience hearing
what
others think and, ergo, not a bad thing to  do.

I know that I have improved as a photographer by sharing  here.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)
Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.