jtainter wrote:
> "It's been reported here that the DA lenses generally cover very nearly the
> image circle required by 35mm film, so
> perhaps they would be perfect for something like 1.3x. Or, I believe someone
> talked about 1.2x, too;"
>
> -----
>
> Some do, some don't.

Don't what exactly?

The theory is that even if some lenses don't cover 24x36mm, all of them
will in fact cover quite a bit more than the current sensor size.
> Speaking only for my own preferences and cognitive limitations...I find it is
> enough to have to remember two angles-of-view for each of my older lenses. I
> draw the line at two. Having to remember three exceeds what I would be
> willing to do.

The idea would be that, say, a 20x30mm sensor is so close in size to
35mm full frame that you could quite simply forget about crop factors.
Also, if you've become familiar with the APS-C size, with a sensor only
half-way to "full frame", you might actually get away with shooting in
exactly the same way.

Or you could just attach the lens, look through the viewfinder and press
that little button...

- T