"It's been reported here that the DA lenses generally cover very nearly the
image circle required by 35mm film, so
perhaps they would be perfect for something like 1.3x. Or, I believe someone
talked about 1.2x, too;"

-----

Some do, some don't.

Speaking only for my own preferences and cognitive limitations...I find it is
enough to have to remember two angles-of-view for each of my older lenses. I
draw the line at two. Having to remember three exceeds what I would be willing
to do.

A sensor with a new crop would require a new batch of wide angle lenses, and
wide-to-tele zooms. Having got just about what I need for APS-C (except I want
a DA* 400), I would be unhappy to have to start buying another new set of
lenses.

Joe