On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 10:06:18AM -0400, Mark Roberts wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >From what Adam has told us about the newest sensors, 12
> >megapixels with good noise characteristics might well be possible
> >at 1.5.
>
> Could be. But every so often I look at what Nikon's getting from 12
> megapixels at full-frame...

They're getting (or will soon be getting) around $4500, IIRC.
That's not Pentax's playing field.

I won't be basing any future purchasing decisions on megapixel count.
Nor, I suspect, will most Pentax customers.  I'm sure there will be
an increase (to at least 12MP), but I rarely find even 10MP a problem.
I'm much more interested in low noise at higher speeds.  I don't really
care how that is achieved, either - I certainly wouldn't pay a premium
for a "FF" body greater than the cost of, say, the 12-24 DA zoom.
I'm more interested in frame rate and buffer size, which are in some
way antithetical to higher pixel counts.