From: "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrobb/pictures/peso/guitar1.html
>
> Technical:
> K10, A*85mm/1.4 at f1.4 for 1/50th second.
> The warmth is deliberate.

Nice shot with some good potential. It's all in the rendering ...

- I like the warmth but find it's a bit too warm, it taints the
highlights and color of the fleshtones a bit too much for my eye.
Converting to B&W, nipping up the contrast a little bit while
preserving the lower edge separation between hand and guitar, and
then bringing some of the color saturation back in to warm it up
might produce a more pleasing warm tonal rendition.

- Another thing is that I find the 2:3 oblong composition with the
neck of the guitar making a strong diagonal to a corner is a little
distracting, and the defocus as my eye follows the strings to the
corner adds to that distraction. A very nearly square crop focusing
on the hand, the ring, and the central part of the guitar body would
make a much stronger composition.

Hope that give you strength ... ;-)

Godfrey