So must the CEO of Hoya come directly to your house and tell you personally?
It's been stated publicly that their strategy is to concentrate on products
that will sell in higher volume and have a higher per unit profit.  At about
the same time, it was announced that plans for marketing the 645D had been
suspended, back-burnered, what ever you want to call it.

I'm just putting 1 + 1 together and coming up with 2.  When/if Pentax
announces a digital 645 will be released I'll happily take them at their
word.  Likewise, I have no idea if they'll make a FF body in the near
future.  However, I think that is more likely given their strategy, than to
build and sell a  camera, that will be a relatively low volume seller and
the market for which, is fairly unknown.  A FF 24 X 36 body provides an
upgrade path for APS-C body owners, while a 645 upgrade means starting over.

What will they actually do? The CEO hasn't told me. :-)

Tom C.