On 10/22/07, P. J. Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It would be better if it were a little less centered.

I agree - perhaps that, along with the fact that the mist only frosted
the top half of the bus shelter (leaving the figure's bottom 1/2
relatively sharp) are why I'm ambivalent about it (I continue to
vacillate).

It's centred because I chopped off a huge chunk of the right side of
the frame:  A great hunking SUV that I thought looked good in the
viewfinder looked stupid in the photo, so out it went.  I really
didn't want to crop from the left to "compensate", as I didn't want to
lose that sidewalk - to me that's an important element of the photo.

So, despite the kudos, so far this, to me, is an "almost there" photo,
one that's not bad, but not as good as I'd like it to be, with little
or no way to fix it up without degrading it.

Damn, I hate that!!!

;-)

cheers,
frank