At 10:55 12.11.2001 -0500, Mafud wrote:
>In a message dated 11/12/01 5:53:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

>> The thing is my originals are 4x5" slides, scanned with a quality scanner :-)
>> Printouts with the same printer from a (current technology) digital camera
>> file
>> would not be very nice.
>>
>That makes your comparison more than invidious, comparing 4 x 5 ~slides~ as
>the source image to that of dinky-digital cameras. Moreover, your statement
>actually brings you down on the side of chemical to digital imaging rather
>than pure digital to digital output.

Hmm.. I thought we were discussing the differences between a digital print
and a wet print from negative/positive film original, at least the last
arguments have been about this !?

In any case, I think I've stirred this thread enough already :-)

Antti-Pekka

---
* Antti-Pekka Virjonen * Fiskarsinkatu 7 D       * GSM: +358 400 789753 *
* Computec Oy Turku    * FIN-20750 Turku Finland * Fax: +358 2 413 7777 *