David Savage wrote:
> On 10/24/07, Igor Roshchin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Some people may have heard about new fires in Southern California.
>> Fires are burning in Malibu, Orange County, and San Diego and county.
>>
>> Here is a very impressive picture:
>> http://www.komkon.org/~igor/CAfires_from_space.jpg

> Very cool (although not if your in it's path)
>
> I was just wondering last night after seeing the latest reports.  Do
> they (state land management department) do prescribed burning & cut
> firebreaks earlier in the year before the start of the fire season?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave

Always, and the bulk of the landowners pretty much ignore them.
The ones that go out of their way to comply usually come out okay.

However, in raging firestorm conditions like we've had this past week, a 100
yard firebreak of cleared burnables around your property is so small, it
doesn't matter... sad.

keith whaley