Which is correct, but the B-17 didn't either, it's range was quite
restricted with an 8,000lb load.

Interestingly, the RAF used stripped B-24's in the BMI theater, and
carried a 12,000lb load some 1,400 miles in one case.

Note of course that the return fuel numbers are also much smaller, since
you're short all those bombs, making your fuel numbers much less. And
operational ranges are two-way typically.

-Adam