both ferries leave from approx the same place (side by side) as can be
shown at wsdot.wa.gov/ferries and are timed so that you can often take
photos of the one ferry from the other ferry.

Bainbridge ferry (35-40min?) takes less time than bremerton ferry (60 min).

You might also try one of the argosy cruises.

Seattle is a fairly big place not to have a car. You might try
http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/ (sorry - it's a fairly big place not
to have a good bus system too)