In a message dated 10/25/2007 10:40:06 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Focus-confirmation LEDs are  what I ASSuMEd she was talking about

-Charles

============
Huh, focus confirmation in the viewfinder. I  can't speak on this, really,
because I am now realizing I don't known exactly  when it happens and when it
doesn't. Anyway, on the Canon 300D the 7 auto focus  points are drawn on the
view finder screen. With a Katseye replacement screen  for it and the XT, XTi,
those auto focus points will no longer flash.  Evidentially somehow some of the
wiring is in the viewfinder screen itself. Not  wiring, per se, I guess, but
something that connects to something else in the  camera. On the Canon 40D,
that I looked at recently, it's different because they  offer replacement
screens
for it, which means they have moved some the  connections off the viewfinder
itself, and confirmation of auto focus is only  reflected in the viewfinder.
Truthfully mainly when I notice this with the 300D  is when I move an autofocus
point, say I want it to be off center, one on the  side. It may just be
confirming where the point is.

Not having picked up  a K10D and looked through its viewfinder, I can't say
anything about that. But  in the K100D, there is a flash on the screen for
confirmation of auto focus as  well in some situations. Although in it's case,
the
auto focus points are not  drawn on the screen.

This is something one who mainly manual focuses may  not be familiar with.
And I am probably describing it all wrong. However, on the  KatsEye page they
are up front and above board about the auto focus points not  flashing on their
replacement screens for the above Canon cameras.

I am  really wishing someone else here would jump in instead of me and
describe it  more accurately and better. But considering the Canon usage on
this
list, not  likely. :-)

Anyway, it's not in the LCD it's in the viewfinder  itself.

HTH, Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.