In a message dated 10/25/2007 11:34:07 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Ah, I see what you're talking  about now...

The Focus Confirmation Indicator in the Pentax DSLRs is the  green LED
at the bottom of the screen, outside the image area. The  Focus Point
Overlay in the Pentax DSLRs are the red LED points that  light up on
the screen itself, in conjunction with the FCI, when AF  has locked
in. With manual focus lenses, if the overlay is enabled,  the center
one only will always light when the FCI is lit.

The  operation of the Focus Point Overlay in Pentax DSLRs is
independent of  the focusing screen. Canon DSLRs use small protrusions
or depression  on the focusing screen itself to provide the light
point, so they  require that a focusing screen have these bits in
place to  operate.

Godfrey

You got it. Guess I just had to  be clearer. Much better explanation than
mine too.

LOL.

Not  surprisingly.

Marnie aka Doe :-)
Warning: I am now filtering  my email, so you may be censored.