I could think of several ways to set such a thing up. The first thing to look
at
is the trains routing. IT is possible that the route by car was much shorter
than the route the train took which would make your. If the distances were
great
a laptop with a Sat Phone could send the images back to the station, or she
could have given them to someone who sent them by modem while the train was
returning.

As to Photoshopping time, with such photography not much of that is done. One
knows the setup so each photo is very much the same. It is just a case of
transferring the photos to a computer and printing. In some cases you do not
even need a computer, just put the card in the printer and let it spew out
prints. Time is money, anything a pro can do to reduce the amount of time
producing a salable image is worthwhile. For some reason that seems to be hard
for hobbyists to understand. Time in front of the computer does not pay
anything, unless you can bill it.