----- Original Message -----
From: "Cotty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: PESO: Lindsey Again

> On 11/11/07, Paul Stenquist, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>>Thanks Cotty. But I wanted that highlight blasting out from this
>>shot. It's off the curve, so why not?
>
> If it works for you then it's successful.

Well, no. That is the attitude that is ruining the art and craft of
photography, amoung other things. An uneducated eye can think the worst of
shite works.
Does that make it successful in any other sense than that a visual moron
thinks it so?
Successful mean it works for a broad audience, not merely the creator or
subject, whose opinions can't be trusted anyway, since they have an
emotional attachement to the work.
I never trust shen someone says they wanted a technical flaw in a picture, I
always presume they missed it when they were making the image, and are
trying to justify it down the road.

William Robb