On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 08:56:16AM -0500, Mark Roberts wrote:
> Toralf Lund wrote:
>
> >I don't know. I've heard many people talk about how they miss their
> >family album now that they've switched to digital.
>
> By talking about people who have *switched* to digital you've
> automatically excluded the age group I'm talking about :)

Digital is making inroads at the other end of the age spectrum, too.
My mother (90 a couple of weeks ago) has severe arthritis, and would
find turning the pages in a photo album a rather laborious process.
But with a digital photo frame she can look at a few hundred images
without lifting a finger, even though she is otherwise not a part of
the digital revolution (no PC, no eMail, etc.).  My brother and I
coordinate so that either of us can produce an updated set of images
on an SD card.  While a VGA-resolution image at 72dpi may not be up
to the standards of a high-quality print on archive paper I doubt if
the difference is discernable to my mother's eyes.