----- Original Message -----
From: "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: Auro Show Snaps

I don't use flash.  I don't own a flash.  Flash is intrusive and
annoying for the type of photography that I do.

Simple solution (I don't know why peolple try to complicate
things with flash anyway), shoot Fuji Superia 800, over expose
by a stop, or more if possible, and let the colour fall here it
will. If you are shooting under green lights, and your pictures
are a bit green, so it goes. It beats the hell out of normal
coloured subjects in front of a green background.
Here. look at this. I admit to underexposing by at least a stop,
but the picture gets the point across:
http://www.accesscomm.ca/users/wrobb/Rollei_Attacks.jpg
This was shot on some old Fuji 1600 film and is obviously under
exposed by a stop or more.
Better still, shoot it on black and white. This is where you do
your best work.
William Robb