----- Original Message -----
From: "Boris Liberman"
Subject: Hunting for new standard lens

> Hi!
>
> My 43 limited unfortunately is no longer with me after than
> unsuccessful drop in the airport. I am now on the hunt for the
> replacement lens. Suppose the money is not an option, my choices are:
>
> 1. Brand new 43 lim (rebate is at large)
> 2. Brand new 50/1.4 (I do want more speed) and it is cheaper too
> 3. Second hand A50/1.2 (more expensive, MF, but faster still).
>
> What do you suggest?
>
> I never really owned 50/1.4 though...

The FA50/1.4 is your best choice right now. The 50/1.2 is a very nice lens,
but any 50/1.4 that Pentax has ever made is a better lens. My 50/1.2 is
doing journeyman's duty right now as a portrait lens, because it doesn't
have the bitingly sharp rendering of my 50/1.4s (I have a half dozen of
them).

William Robb