hmm: I have never seen a point to being able to change drive mode
while looking through the viewfinder ... particularly for doing stuff
like setting a self-timer/mirror pre-fire. I only use that when I'm
using a tripod. As long as I have to look at the body to set a
switch, using the Fn menu is just as easy.

It's not like focus mode... where I want to switch it between AF and
MF without breaking my train of thought and camera operation ... and
they made the switch for that on the K10D a bit annoying to use
although they did put an indicator in the viewfinder for MF mode.

It would also be nicer if the metering pattern switch were handier
and had some in-viewfinder display indicator associated. Finding it
around the mode selector with the left hand and making a setting
change while looking through the viewfinder is a pain.

Godfrey
"If wishes were dollars, I'd be a rich man today."