Naw, it wouldn't. I once commuted all winter in Detroit. Everyone knew me, I as
the guy with icicles in his beard.

My problem has been health, hills, and local helmet law. Not much I seem to be
able to do about the first. I am going to regear the 3-speed for the second.
And
I resent the hell out of the third.

I need to rebuild the wheels on the commuter which has no problem with hills,
no
they never broke, but over 15 years the spokes have stretched (I keep tight
wheels) to the point where they come through the nipples. Yes the factory
should
have used 2mm shorter spokes but I imagine the automatic wheel building machine
would have had problems with them. I am also going to put alloy rims on the
3-speed, so another spoking job. Then there is the junk Raleigh I want to do
something with. I guess I will have enough to keep me busy for the winter.

Graywolf
Website: http://www.graywolfphoto.com
Blog:    http://www.graywolfphoto.com/journal/