On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:38:31 EST
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 12/19/2007 9:34:11 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Marnie, the  thumbnails are huge too.  Just hogging bandwidth for
> something which  should just make you think it might be worthwhile to
> download the actual  image.  It's like embedding a PSD or uncompressed
> Tiff file, in a web  page, or even using a full size jpeg for the
> thumbnail, sure the full size  image loads instantly when you click on
> it, but it defeats most of the  purpose to using a thumbnail, without
> that  advantage.
>
> ===========
> Uh huh.
>
> Well, I hadn't read the whole  thread yet either when I made that comment.
>
> Like most of us try to help  others with their web pages, when the format is
> a deterrent for viewing photos.  And most of us also listen to such feedback
> because we want our photos viewed.  That seems not to be the case here. ;-) I
> make my own thumbnails 80x120, low  res, forget what res but low res. So they
> will load quick.

I hardly need help.  It works the way it does because thats the way I want it.
I wouldn't mind the thumbnails as jpegs, but, it is what it is.  You upload a
PNG file, and the thumbnails and intermediates will also be png.  I suppose I
could hack the thumbnail generation script to always output jpeg.  The full
resolution images are going to be in PNG though.

Anyway, since people are complaining, I did the only sensible thing, make it
all even bigger.

--
Ben 'Polyhead' Smith
  KE7GAL