Well, if your camera shop is anything like the one I worked at, the fact that
you're sending it off through them means it's probably going to a Pentax-
authorized repair center, and not Pentax themselves.  The place it's sent to
may or may not be as fast as Pentax at fixing cameras, but I'd bet they handle
cameras from all brands and thus have a bigger backlog of work to do.

Don't give up hope, but don't hold your breath either.  :(

John Celio