Len, arguing about Shel's shooting style, suggests he must be threatening and
is way too tall to be stealthy...

Len,

Shel visited Chicago this summer and I got a chance to shoot some with him.
I learned alot about shooting people by just watching his body language and
how he approached people.  It was inspiring for me, as I have worked most on
objects and not people.  Shel has a unique ability to engage people who are
near him with a warm smile and a ready greeting.  It's kind of a disarming
charm...and then he asks them if he can photograph them!

We encountered two Chicago Police officers that morning.  The first was a
veteran traffic officer, female, probably 5' 6" tall, Black and grumpy.  Shel
disarmed her (not literally) and got some pictures of her.  I'm sure she
didn't know why Shel wanted the shots.

The other officer was also a woman, mounted on horseback.  Shel stopped to
take pictures of her on horseback and stopped to talk.  When she noticed both
of us, she volunteered to pose with Shel and the horse for me!  I tell you,
Shel has magic powers!

We also stopped for a couple of beers and Shel got off some shots with the M3
of an odd couple around the elbow of the bar before I recognized he was doing
anything.  He can be stealthy.

Regards,  Bob S.