Hi Shel,

too complicated for me. When I'm in these places I do like to keep
everything as simple as I possibly can, which is one reason I
standardised on one film type - I don't have to remember to change
the film speed on the camera or meter (not a problem with the RXs of
course). Recently I've been shooting either Scala at 200 or Tri-X at
400, and I keep forgetting which I have in the camera, and forgetting
to mark the films where I've exposed at the wrong speed. It doesn't
matter much because it's not stuff that's important to me, but I'd hate
to lose track on rolls that mattered. Having more than one film speed at
a time is more than my brain can keep track of <g>.

I've been thinking a bit more about ND filters though. With a
rangefinder camera there isn't the problem with darkening the
viewfinder, so they could be very useful. Does anybody happen to know
what affect, if any, ND filters have on contrast?

BTW, I haven't got a new meter yet - haven't made up my mind. I'm still
dithering between the L608, Starlite and a LunaPro F with
variable-angle attachment. Currently leaning towards the Starlite
because of price.

---

 Bob

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]