P. J. Alling wrote:

>I was responding to someone who made the complaint that they couldn't
>delete the same image with different names.  Just going through all the
>reasons it would be difficult or impossible.  (I kind of thought your
>point was implied).

Ah, sorry. That's what I get for not reading the discussion from the
beginning.

I think there is software that will do this byte-for-byte comparison to
find duplicate images, but I've never looked into it because *my*
problem is having multiple copies of an image that are almost, but *not
quite* identical ;-)