Hi all,
I'm back after two weeks in Mexico City. With twenty million plus
people, there are plenty of photo ops down there. There's a vibrancy and
a powerful sense of human activity that just seems to pervade
everything. And MC is certainly among the world's most colorful cities.
Even the hardware stores feature colorful, well designed displays of
merchandise. If I get my website working, I'll post a few pics.
   This trip gave me a new appreciation of the MX and the 40/2.8. That
combination of camera and lens will fit in a pocket and can be hidden in
the hand. It's great for prowling areas that one might not be sure of in
terms of security. I'm anxious to see how my 40/2.8 shots compare to
those I took with the M 35/2. I shot about 15 rolls of film, which was
quite a bit considering this was not a vacation. I've never worked the
MX that hard. It was smooth and faultless. I did miss the aperture
priority exposure of the LX for street shooting and other quick grabs,
but the MX is certainly a nice piece. Good to be back. Looking forward
to reading the list.
Paul Stenquist