Thibouille,

Do you see this as a bad thing?  It smells like money to me!

Suppose you were SONY going to introduce a new computer or INTEL a new
chip in early 2008.
Suppose you sold out of the old computer or chip at the end of the Holidays.
Wow, no old inventory to get rid of at discount pricing...smells like
money to me!

Furthermore, the note mentioned Ritz Camera as a big retailer taking
bodies out of the market.
Ritz/Wolf Camera stores are a terrible big chain.  I would guess they
are 1,000-2,000 stores in the USA.
They are terrible because they killed/acquired every local camera
store in every town in the USA.
And they replaced them with a print machine and uninformed clerks.
One Ma & Pa camera store survives in my area and HELIX, a 15 store
regional chain catering to pros.

So what happens if the buyer for 1,000 Ritz/Wolf stores says "Hey
those Pentax cameras are good and cheap.  We need to put at least 1 in
every store in the chain for Christmas."  You want to turn that order
away?

This is not far from the truth.  I never go to this chain but was in 3
of the stores over the Holidays.  In my area, HELIX stopped carrying
Pentax SLR's and digital SLR's shortly after the *ist D.  Ritz/Wolf
Camera didn't stock them either.  But now each of the 3 stores had
Pentax right up there on the shelf with Nikon and Canon!

This is a good thing.  Let us stop whining about it!

Regards,  Bob S.