The *istD was only officially discontinued shortly before the K10D. It
was effectively discontinued long before that(especially outside the
US. I suspect Pentax US was sitting on a lot of stock that kept it
available there). I bought mine in Sept '06 on discontinuation sale
here in Canada.

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas