Hi Peter,

P. J. Alling wrote:
> When I mounted
> a AF280 flash the camera worked perfectly for the first few shots then
> seemed to be trying to PTTL with that flash, which of course the flash
> is not capable of doing.  I then swapped the flash to the *ist-Ds where
> it worked as advertised.  I was carrying a light kit so my backup flash
> was an AF200.  Out of necessity I decided to try that on the *ist-D and
> it worked perfectly.  Later on I swapped them and the *ist-D once again
> misbehaved.  Has anyone seen this?  If so did the fix involve something
> other than sending the camera out for repair?

I've never seen behavior like that using my AF-280T on my *ist D.  I'm
guessing you've already tried cleaning the contacts on both the flash
and the camera's hot shoe?  Have you tried using it with the off camera
adapters and cable?  It sounds to me like there's an intermittent
problem in one of the wires on the flash's foot or the camera's shoe.
Or it's seriously Tango Uniform and only Pentax can resurrect it. :-)

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)