Quick question for those still using "old" equipment.  I had to shoot an
event a week ago and my *ist-D started acting strangely.  When I mounted
a AF280 flash the camera worked perfectly for the first few shots then
seemed to be trying to PTTL with that flash, which of course the flash
is not capable of doing.  I then swapped the flash to the *ist-Ds where
it worked as advertised.  I was carrying a light kit so my backup flash
was an AF200.  Out of necessity I decided to try that on the *ist-D and
it worked perfectly.  Later on I swapped them and the *ist-D once again
misbehaved.  Has anyone seen this?  If so did the fix involve something
other than sending the camera out for repair?  I'm currently planning to
keep the *ist-D as a backup when I get the K10D, (or K20D depending on
which makes the most sense in the next couple of months, funny talking
about a camera that hasn't been officially announced yet).  The *ist-D
is getting a bit long in the tooth, but I expect that I'll get more for
the Ds on the used market, and repair of the D might not even be
economically feasible, (once the K20d is announced).

--
I am personally a member of the Cream of the Illuminati.
A union with the Bavarian Illuminati is contemplated.