Rick,
Welcome.
A fair number of rumors here in the past.
There was a non-working mock-up at a pdma,
then another under wraps the following year,
then an announcement putting the project on hold. (Hoya)
Then rumors that the whole thing was dead and to forget about it.
Personally, I'm hoping this is wrong.  ;-)
Regards,  Bob S.